- Age of Conan:
- Knut Avenstroup Haugen got a “Hollywood music award nomination for the Coast of Ardashir song” (source).
- Bloodline Champions:
- Extra Life:
- The Longest Journey:
- A new developer diary entitled “The Secret War” is available here.
- Funcom presented TSW at the New York Comic Con. Video by MMORPG.com
- The cabal Hydra Initiative covered the presentation here and recorded the new demo “Tokyo Flashback” (source):
- The video shows “the first [eight] minutes of TSW gameplay where the player receives their starting abilities.”
- “Unlike most MMOs, The Secret World’s combat allows for full movement in any situation. The player will not be rooted during the use of any skills, a huge departure from the typically static casters and rangers of most MMOs, past and present.”
- Shotguns are “close-range, cone AoE weapon[s]”, “pistols are a mid-range, high-dps, single target weapon” and “assault rifles are the ranger’s weapon of choice and can be multi-targetable”.
- Blood magic involves necromancy and dark arts. “Elementalism is a scientific branch of magic that utilizes an understanding of the sciences to control physical properties.” Ragnar Tørnquist compared chaos magic to the butterfly effect, explaining it “is more subtle than the other branches, where one tiny event will set off the dominoes to something massive.”
- “There are no intentions of developing a player-based government or economy.”
- “There will be smaller factions affiliated with the Council of Venice, and Ragnar reminded us of the Phoenicians, but they will be unplayable.” “There are factions that originate from Africa, though whether they maintain residence there or not is unclear.”
- “Open PvP is not being considered but if the community clamours for it after launch, Ragnar will consider an alternate server with a different ruleset.”
- Another worth reading article was published by RockPaperShotgun.com.
- Massively pointed out here that “combat (or shotgun combat, at any rate) uses a combo-point-esque mechanic wherein certain attacks build resources on a target, and other “finisher” attacks expend those resources.”
- More information related to the Dragon has been revealed: backstory and ranking mission, a video and an interview.
- Our article analysing the Monsters of Maine has been released:
- The Secret World Uncovered is a new blog and podcast. Announcement thesecretworlduncovered.wordpress.com Twitter
- DocHoliday’s MMO Saloon is a news site dedicated to TSW, Rift and LOTRO. There is also a podcast for TSW here. Announcement of the website Announcement of the podcast docholidaymmo.com/category/secret-world-2 Twitter
- “Over 500,000 [people] registered for ‘The Secret World’ Beta” (source).
- Split Self Society presents itself as following: “A cabal that denounces all other cabals as imposters. We are the only true Illuminati who follow the only true God, the infinitely splitting fractal God-self. Our split selves roam the world in search of power to bring about chaos which is the pure and divine form of freedom.” Announcement
- Sineco focuses on RP but will also be present in PvE and PvP. It will “buy and sell information about in-game individuals and cabals”. No off-game information will be gathered. Members must play a “minimum of 8 hours a week”. Announcement sineco.dk
- Oculus intends to be a tight knit 18+ cabal of 20-25 members. It will be present in all aspects of the game. Announcement oculustsw.guildportal.com
- The Consulate is the new name of The Aldermen. Its RP has been revised and indicates The Aldermen were recruited to form The Consulate. “The Consulate is a social guild, with an RP slant.” Announcement theconsulate.co.uk
- The Temple announced it will play TSW. This guild is currently present in Age of Conan. Announcement thetempleguild.com